New Year, New Resolutions (Updated, 2018)
The New Year is nearly here! With the new season comes many new resolutions for 2018. New Year resolutions can include the desire to lose weight, get more organized, pray more, study the Word of God daily, be more productive, learn new skills, and so forth. The new resolutions can be for any area of our lives – personal, family, relationships, social, business, volunteering, spiritually, and so forth.
In the beginning of the year, we press in and press forward with much enthusiasm for making changes in our lives. All too often, the new enthusiasm fizzles out in a short amount of time.
So, how can we move forward through all of 2018? Making a steady, positive life change which doesn’t fizzle out after a short amount of time?
Here are six guidelines for you to consider for the new year resolutions:
- Look at new resolutions as a lifestyle change.
- Begin with smaller changes in your life, mastering the small first. Then, move up the ladder to progressively bigger changes needed in your life.
- Share your experience with others when thinking about new resolutions. Involve your family, your friends, or even a dedicated life coach who will encourage you to keep moving forward.
- Use SMART goals: Smart goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely.
- Keep your personal goals in view, in front of you. Review your goals, adjust your goals, and add to your goals as needed.
- When it comes to larger changes, a support system is a must for success. Create a support system which works best for you
Goals for the new year can bring progress throughout the year. Planning for success is vital bringing change. Goals are important, and those who create them are more successful in life.
May the New Year be full of motivation for you and your family! Positive life change is possible! Think about it, pray about it, plan it, believe it, and follow it through! You can do this!
Disclosure: Barbi Green, Life Coach is a personal site that may receive compensation products we link to, suggest or review. We only link to or suggest products which we believe will bring value to the consumer. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. See additional disclaimers here.